Saturday, April 4, 2009

Progress/Revelstoke/Naramata

So it's been a while since the first post...and I think I'm ready to do a second.

I'm going to the Aomori Prefecture of Japan. District 2830. Basically what I know is this:

-Aomori is a rural part of Japan
-In Aomori, many of the people speak with an accent and a different dialect of Japanese
- Aomori will be my new home for a whole year
- Aomori will become my heaven

"If it is to be, it is up to me"

This Rotary Youth Exchange motto has served thousands of students on exchange worldwide. So I know that it is the truth. So therefore, I'm going to make Aomori into my heaven. I know that I can. Nothing makes me more happy then the prospect of learning a new language and culture. It means that my glasses will become less tinted to a culture that I have grown up in. I will be able to see the world through a new shade. One that is less restricting.

I will change. I will gain insight. I will open up the communicative doors to speak with and learn from millions of new people.

I'm such a freak about this exchange >_<

And so...my story shifts to...

R
EVELSTOKE!



Okay! So I went to Revelstoke in February and got to meet my fellow outbound exchange students, the inbound, and the outbound students! I LOVE THEM ALL. Everyone is made out of awesome. Not only that, but Revelstoke was incredible.

THERE WERE NO RULES!

I mean, other then the four D's. In Rotary, the famous exchange rules are the 4 D's.

for Revelstoke, it was something like this

No Drinking, Drugs, Driving, or...Dintercourse?

Okay the last part was the joke they made. (It's usually drinking, drugs, driving, and dating)

Haha, basically no thex with anybody!

Those were the rules...so we partied and learned about how to cope on an exchange and met our fellow RYE students. We stayed up forever (except me who had a dress rehearsal for Chicago the musical the day I got back, which basically created instantaneous stress and paranoia) and we danced and partied, and hot tubbed and....omgoodness.

All while the Rotarians had there own drinking/gambling shindig (those Rotarians haven't forgotten how to party!) haha

Okay, so basically Revelstoke had me RevelSTOKED.



It was in a pass in the snowy white mountains of awesome. So we had an epic toboganning/ snowball battle. There were soldiers stationed on either end of the tobogan track...which meant intense snow in the face for anyone who dared brave the tubular torture. It was so fun...

Basically Revelstoke happened and there was great happiness.

And then there was Chicago the Musical, and I became famous! XD

Annnd during Spring Break I went to California, Disneyland, California Adventure, Magic Mountain etc with my best friend Kyra. Which was sweet!

And last weekend there was...

NARAMATA!

Naramata was amazing. It was a mandatory orientation, so ALL of the outbounds were there. There were also inbounds and rebounds. There was still lots of partying and even more learning. They basically crammed the brains of all of the students and parents with information about visas and such....

Also, more friendships were forged and others were stregthened. And food was consumed:




Okay, I didn't eat that ENTIRE plate of food. It got cold really fast and became gross. Those fries were definitely LIMP.

The point is...Naramata got me so excited for my exchange that I can barely even THINK about school anymore. Plus I miss my new friends so much. I LOVE YOU ALL.




There was the update...and now...I am waiting. Just waiting to hear from a host family...and waiting to go on the BIGGEST ADVENTURE OF MY LIFE.

LOVE,
Jane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment